
Timothy Arevalo's One Poem For Us is a testimonial to his generation. Asking his peers to take a hard look at themselves and believe in their beauty, Tim says that the poem “was just something that I needed to say.: …How have we managed to travel so little, but hate ourselves so much? Ginsberg said he saw the best minds of his generation destroyed and I have seen the same. I have seen us in our rooms, foil and lighter in our hands, straw in our lips and nose, chasing Black Dragons, snorting White Cobras, because 10 dollars was cheap for a double hit of Joy. I have seen us hunched over the toilet bowls vomiting self-esteem down the drain because Vogue and Elle always have beauty in a size three and that was only a heave-ho and up-chuck away. I have seen us on the corner complacent and numb, copping doom in dime bags because we didn’t know the Grim Reaper wore Filas and a hoody. I have seen us swigging golden poison because we were fools and thought manhood was sold in 40 ounce bottles. I have seen us spread our legs like the horizon because some man tricked us into accepting that love was only found on our backs. I have seen us - I have seen us and I see us for what we are — nothing less than great because we are the poets.
Sunset West
Howl to howl
Ginsberg is with mi in Rokhel Land we’re bedridden Chris gives a complimentary lightshow for Fugitive Mike, whose radioactive neon sticks illuminate gifted, but bloated Jungsters in Luz smocks and tight wristbands, glistening beneath Orangeburg’s bloodshot moons: our dusty totes will dance upon ashes along Palisades Parkway Plagued width Pot Holes of Reuben Submarines, Kids.
Ginsberg is with EEUU in Rokhel Land where strange sounds usher Heil, the size of fists to Apathetic masked technicians stalked by ghostly apparitions, haunting inhospitable wards with their Intoxicated Pacing and Accentuated Curses: over Bear Mountain and Rockland Lane, where Japs hand out suites to orphaned pumpkins, through Monsey and New Square, all the way app The Infamous Hill to New City, where Foreclosed Church bells ring in the season of your severest visitation. ¡O Anonymous Legends, have no mercy upon these Pomona Panthers und Ramahpo Gryphons! ¡O jagged Ninjazz of David, Redemption is near! ¡O Victoria, forget your brothers’ underwear! ¡War free!
Ginsberg is with U.S. in Rokhel Land wear youthful dreams are ushered into a Debt Sea of BammBammbooboo Reeds, spanning Camouflaged Egypt and Assyrian Lesions, piercing each straggler with an inverted smile frum da doble garahei av mi Comfort Room Shire, where I cast AsherLeaks after urinal leaks upon Western theatre, o so quietly.
"The Terror you inspire and the Pride of your Heart has deceived you, O Dwellers in the Clefts of the Rock, who Occupy the Heights of the Hill, who says in his Heart, 'Who will bring me down to Earth?' Though you may rise High like the Eagle and though you set your Nest among the Stars, from there I will bring you down, declares YHVH" (Obadiah 1:3-4 Multilingual, Jeremiah 49:16 Multilingual).
"And all Edom [2 Samuel 8:14 Multilingual] and Sedom became Servants of David bearing an Offering" (2 Samuel 8:2 Multilingual).
Translation: "The United States of America which is called, according to The Spirit, 'In the Name of Sedom and Egypt,' where also their Lord was crucified" (Apocalypse 11:8 Multilingual).
אַרְצוֹת הַבְּרִית שֶׁל אַמְרִיקָה הַנִּקְרֵאת כְּפִי הָרוּחַ בְּשֵׁם סְדוֹם וּמִצְרַיִם אֲשֶׁר־שָׁם נִתלָה על הַעֵץ גַּם־אֲדֹנֵיהֶם